Friday, May 27, 2011

tree of codes

I love Jonathan Safran Foer. My favorite book of his is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Much to one of my friend's dismay [Angie!] ). Anyway, I had no idea he had a new book. And it's a work of art. I'm not speaking about the writing (I'll let you know what I think when I read it), but about the actual printed book.




About The Tree of Codes:
Inspired to exhume a new story from an existing text, Jonathan Safran Foer has taken his "favorite" book, The Street of Crocodiles by Polish-Jewish writer Bruno Schulz, and used it as a canvas, cutting into and out of the pages, to arrive at an original new story told in Jonathan Safran Foer's own acclaimed voice.
Anyway, London-based designer Sara de Bondt designed the book and it is an amazing process. Here is a 'making-of' video:


Can't wait to get my hands on this one! I'll let you know what I think.

Have a great looooong weekend!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment