Wednesday, January 5, 2011

extreme couponing

Last night I watched a TLC show called Extreme Couponing. Let me just tell you that my eyes have been open. Ok, I will not go dumpster diving for coupons, but I may just actually look at the circulars that come into my house.

(via)

After I saw these people rack-up a grocery bill of $600-$1000 and after coupons and other discounts (like credit for using reusable grocery bags!) end up paying only $2-$50, I was floored. I mean, wow!

In these hard-times, we can all learn how to pinch our pennies and be savvy shoppers. I am going to *try* but I'm not a good planner-- and you need to have a plan. But also, there's my "I could become a hoarder"-side. And I do not want to open that Pandora's box! I don't get this couponing science yet, but it seems like the more you buy (i.e. in bulk), the more you save. So, yeah, no thanks.

(via)

If you are interested in finding out more, you can visit The Krazy Coupon Lady. She was one of the featured coupon aficionados. I also found this saving site useful. Not only does it have tips, but also showcases deals and freebies.

Have fun and let me know what you find out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment